Lupine Racing Rules 2024 for London to Albania- Last Updated November 5th, 2023.
- All checkpoints must be visited in the order provided.
- The race pack given at the start line will detail the specific evidence needed to validate each checkpoint.
Travel between cities
- All members of a team must follow the rules as though they were a single entrant. Splitting up and sending differant people to each checkpoint would not count.
- In effect, teams are a collection of single entrants choosing to enter under one informal banner.
Travel within cities
- This is a public transport based event and not a car rally.
- Overland travel only, no planes or helicopters. Ferry's are allowed.
- Hitchhiking is not allowed.
- Tickets/Receipts to be kept as proof of travel to be considered for awards.
- If you are traveling using a public transport pass such as the Interrail pass or similar, this is acceptable.
- Marshrutka mini-busses will be considered as public transport for the purpose of this event. If a ticket is not provided, please collect photos/video proof of the transport as evidence of the journey, ideally with route destinations that are usually displayed on the front of the minibus.
- Taxi's and other forms of private hire transport are allowed, including rental bikes/e-bikes/e-scooters.
- Public transport is allowed.
- If you wish to bring personal transport such as a folding bike/skateboard/rollerblades for travel within a city, this is allowed. This will be forbidden for travel between cities.
The Savvy Award (low cost)
- Passing through a country on a train or coach does not count as visiting that country. You must make a connection and provide ticketed proof of your visit.
- For this event we will be using UN member states + Kosovo + Vatican as our list of eligable countries. There will also be a bonus point for a visit Transnistria.
- In the event of a tie in terms of number of countries, fastest finish time will be used as a tie-breaker.
- Your cost is based on the sum of your long distance, city to city, travel costs.
- Accommodation costs are not factored in. For safety reasons we do not wish to encourage rough sleeping.
- If you contact companies and negotiate discounts/free transport you will be excluded from this award.